Rethink – A guide for mental health professionals
This is the first in a series of Rethink reports on mental health recovery. It identifies 100 ways in which people working across the mental health sector can support the recovery of people with mental health problems. It highlights four key tasks:
- Developing a positive identity
- Framing the ‘mental illness’
- Self managing the mental illness
- Developing valued social roles
The author Dr Mike Slade says: “Recovery is an idea which has developed out of the experience of people living with, and beyond, mental illness. The mental health system already helps many people to live meaningful and purposeful lives, but we can do better.”
Free download available at; Mental Health Rethink
- See also;
- 12th Step Works
- Alcoholic, Addictive Behaviors
- What is AA?
- Brief-TSF can assist patients cease alcohol consumption.